The Speed Limit's Too Slow and Walking Won't Get Me Home

So my mind was starting to feel like this last time we spoke
and this too
but then it was time
(this picture is really only meant to exhibit my deep yearning for mens accessories)
to go back to tennessee
and we rode bikes around the lake
and I felt like me again
(which actually looks a little more like this)
even when I almost got eaten by coyotes (pronounced ky-oats in the south)
while hiking on a night like this

and the gang was back together like old times
Italic
and then i got to know you so well i could imagine the sound of your voice in my mind
and i was like.... wait...like, what? holy shit.
oh
K
I Get It.
and then you stared at me and i didn't say anything
and we had one last hoorah
and then it was back to
where i sleep like this
and going outside feels like this
but it won't be too long before it warms up
and new york in the spring consists of a lot of this
and since
i will stick this out
so that i can keep being better than you shiny hookers who think you can keep up
and quit creeping on mine
Bitches and Mother Fuckers
anyway, sorry for that side note but it's been a long time coming...

moving on,
once it's warm i will fly home again. maybe for
a long time, this time.
and i'll immerse myself into a life that i've always wanted but never let myself have
and there will be lovin'
and cross country truckin'
and livin' in tents with you.

xx
CMS
P.S. if i have any advice for anyone who's feelin' it on this cold january night,
it's Avett Brothers, Avett Brothers, Avett Brothers!

This song's a thank you for all of the soft heart, crazy eyed nashville songbirds who pressed up against bar floors and howled in hollow air with me over break.
i'll be back and we'll meet in a cave at the end of a long windy street where the trees meet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment