Cause I've been Dreaming We Could Be the Fire for This Night

The south does something to me.
As usual, Sorry for the lack of updates darlings, life's been full of wild times and never enough time to stop at the glowbox to put it all into writing. But Anyways...

Bonnaroo as usual was the unpredictable wonder that we knew it would be when we piled into the car at 7am, being the responsible hippees that we are.  But in this case the early birds did not get the worm, we didn't beat any traffic, and ultimately got stuck in the back of the camp grounds.  
What is typically a 45 minute drive from Nashville to Manchester took us 9 hours.
But of course we made the most of it and decided to say 'Fuck It' and get on top of the car and blow bubbles, pop open some beers and blast some good 'ole southern rock.



Our neighbors in line ended up being our neighbors at our campsite, and in the spirit of the Roo, we made great friends. Regardless of being a trek from the music we always had a chill spot to come home to, fully equipped with a make shift living room and kitchen.  But in reality 'chill' has an entirely different meaning at Bonnaroo, because no matter where you go and at what time there will be people willing to throw down with you, and even at 3am the ritualistic rebel cry of 'BONNAROO' will always be answered by many. 

Friday was by far the craziest day, starting out with Animal Collective, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and then letting TV on the Radio lull me to sleep, only to wake up two hours later to the same trippin' kid hanging in the tree above me.
That night we saw the Beastie Boys which was by far my favorite show.
Next to Snoop
Because my love for him is older than my love for whiskey, and that says something.

Ultimately, Bonnaroo is not something that can be explained, it must be experienced, because you can't put into words the feeling of complete chaos wrapped inside bond of almost a hundred thousand people who still believe in the same things. It kind of gives you hope that maybe our generation can save the world after all, we just have to remember that 
we're all in this together.
and we should love each other.

Okay, I'm sick of sitting in one spot.  I'm off to the farm in Fairview where I grew up with my sister Amelia, and we live in a dome
and Papa Frank let's us drive his little red truck truck

I'm getting my fill of the south because the countdown has begun for my departure (Sunday) and I don't know when I'll be back again.

But don't worry Mariel,
I'm coming home.
So we can pretend to live like this
and go visit Rick.

xx
CMS

0 comments:

Post a Comment