Distant Silhouettes Somehow, We Shared a Cigarette Somewhere


This weekend I found hidden treasure, I climbed dark stairways into exciting places, I held hands with the kind of people who don't let go, I turned off all of the lights and spent a night in candles, I unplugged the TV and started a new book, I talked about the future with the people I know will always be a part of it, I wrapped myself in sequins, I got too drunk with the first person I ever got too drunk with back when we were too young to be too drunk, 
and 
we were the mad ones, the ones who never yawn or say a common place thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars, and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop, and everybody goes 'awww."
(10 points to those who can identify the quote, because you've read the book, not because you're a hipstar)

It was just what I needed. An amazing birthday. And a reawakening of senses that I have let dull in the passing weeks.

Tomorrow I leave for Vermont to be reunited with Mariel
and then after a rendezvous in Montreal it's back to the dirty south, where my spirit can be free for just a little bit longer before fall term begins.
I think I will feel like this




(photos brought to you by a spread by the inspirational Antonella Arismendi
titled On The Road. Which seems to be the theme for my day if you've picked up on the trend, you literary beat buffs.)

Anyways...
Here are some things that resulted from the felicitations
thank you amelia for the perfect records
thanks mama Jackie for the Diana F+ Collette
and the new book i can't put down
and the Marc Jacobs boxer booties and Jeremy Kelsey crocodile loafers, both of which give me terrible blisters, but I'm okay with that.
and some new touches to the a.p.t.


this was us on our night that we couldn't stop listening to au revoir simone
can you tell?

I'm learning to remember that everything works out in the end, and if they don't then it's not the end. And what you like, you will find again.

xx
CMS


0 comments:

Post a Comment