Burlington is beautiful.  It's just what i needed for my head and my heart.  I've seen wild foxes and bunnies, and even walked along the beach.
Betsy makes us cupcakes and grilled cheese, and just the feeling of being in a home with a family is a feeling that can't be replicated.
I feel ungrateful and petty for being for spending the past month moping in NYC with Mariel.
Sometimes I just don't understand the blasé.
There's a difference between overindulgence in the beauty that is a pair of Christian Louboutin heels,
and being so obsessed with yourself that you get excited by your shadow.
Maybe I'm just going to the wrong places but
the scene is dead and I'm still restless.
I think at the end of the day
I'm just a small town kind of girl in a big city kind of world.
A friend was recently baffled by how I could be uninspired by the opportunity and fever of the city
but being back in the countryside has made me feel more creative and in tune with myself than I've felt all summer.
Kind of like this...


And no more of this
(at least not in excess)
I think this time away will give me the reinvigoration that I need to look forward to another year of creating and meeting new people in the city.  It's just been a case of wrong time wrong place this summer. 
There's a reason there's a song called
New York I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down
because that's exactly how I would describe my relationship with the island.


Anyways, here's a little preview of the birthday weekend.




more to come.

xx
CMS

0 comments:

Post a Comment