If You're Going Abroad I Can't Help You, If You're Crossing The Street I Might Be There

So tonight is regretfully nostalgic. Not sure why it's regretful. Nostalgia isn't really a bad thing, more a recognition of how great the past was. But it's frustrating when it
distracts you from the present.
(Anyways... I decided to deal with my longing by finally unpacking my suitcase and spicing up the photos of my halloweekend trip to New Orleans, before going out on the town tonight)

So this lightening storm took place the night before I arrived, so I was unable to witness its splendor, however I think it was most certainly an omen of the electricity we were all going to experience.
Thursday night, after a hellish flight schedule and getting in at midnight instead of 7pm, we played like the good old days with beer pong, good green and better people

Friday night we biked across the city to Voodoo Fest (yes, in full fairy garb)
The boys pansied out, but Amelia and I hunkered down through the rain and cold front to see the Black Keys, Justice and our all time love, Eminem.
In all of His Glory.
Halloween we woke up and watched the Orphan, which I am still having trouble shaking
and then dawned our awesome costumes.
Amelia and Lee found replicas of the masks from the horror movie
The Strangers
and we found the boys some nice duds at a local thrift store
and after running over their threads a few times with the car
and a lot of sticky corn syrup an red food coloring
We were serial killers and Dale was dead.
the bestest besties of all time:
The street car was taking forever, so the boys started street fighting
we took it upon ourselves to terrorize an Arby's in the French Quarter
mainly because it was the only place that would let our drunk asses pee.
The Quarter was PACKED with amazing costumes and people having loads of fun
This woman was probably the best zombie I've ever seen
with full veneers and contacts
apparently modeled after the movie 30 days of night
which now I must add to my horror buff repitoire
and lastly here's the crew in all of our splendor
(minus Amelia who was taking the pic)
I just love how happy we all look.
I just wish everyday felt like this one.

So now that I've shared all my longing with you all, I'm hittin the streets
and leaving you with my two fave post secrets from the week

xx,
CMS

0 comments:

Post a Comment