Day Dreaming of Demigods

So Did Ya Miss Me?
Did my absence feel kind of like this
Thought so....

So I deeply apologize for my blatant neglect in the past two months
I returned to the Sleepy South for the summer and decided to
turn off and tune in
But I've missed you clicksters
and mama's here to satiate all of your CK cravings

This is going to be quite the long little catch up post
so i'm going to give you a soundtrack
it's what i'm listening to right now


So the summer kicked off with Matthew, Papa RJ and I lackadaisically moving out of my first NYC apartment

I eventually (read: as usual) had a small nervous breakdown and had to take a time out

Nonetheless, R.I.P. West 10th. You were a lover and a fighter; a hell mouth and a refuge.
No, but in all seriousness, if you moved into 2RW you might wanna burn some sage and preform an exorcism or something... just to be on the safe side.

Then I lived at The Four Faced Liar for a few weeks
(if you're a Manhattanite you should totes check it out, W. 4th and 6th)
(ps this was a "your favorite literary character" party. i don't always dress like Scout Finch. Dennis isn't always a drunk lost boy. But Sharna does tend to look like Juliette)

Papa RJ and I kicked off summer back down in Nashville
with a White Party benefit for Flood Relief
My wonderful friend Matthew Johns styled me in vintage tutus.
I almost set myself on fire a couple times though...
(what's new?)
As usual musical entertainment was a priority.
Melanie headlined!
ya know... back in the woodstock days this was her big jam


The party was a great success.
Apparently I got pretty sassy though by the end of the night...
yet again, what's new?

The next weekend I went to my cousin's wedding, in a cave, in Bowling Green, KY.
Praise be to god.
My cousin and I looked pretty damn sharp and owned the dance floor to some Sinatra

I also attended the funeral of a dog.
There are no words.
But Mitchell can attest that I speak the truth, seeing as I dragged him along.
I wore a great vintage funeral hat though that was my great grandmother's.
Thank God style runs in the fam...

But don't worry y'all...
that doesn't put me above attending a Pimpz and Hoez Party

I guess you could just say I've done a lot of showing my ass this summer
Because
and i'm loving every minute of it.
And
But if you tie me up I'm sure to pay attention


I've also been a workin' girl this summer
Being my dad's personal go-to-girl
This picture reminds me of him

Every now and then he lets me take a road trip to New Orleans
Align Center
which always ends up looking like some version of this
Which makes me feel the need to show you me looking classy
on the set of a 1940's music vid shoot last night
with my one and only soldier RyRy

Oh yea, and I had a birthday
it looked like this (of course)
But it's gettin' pretty close to time for this southern lady to pack her bags
drop a flower in all of my beloved corners of nashville
and go on up to yankee town
land of oxymoron galore
like baron comfort
and picturesque tenements
and the not so oxymoronic
whiskey drinkin' writer
(aka me)
and this looks like it's going to be the semester of success
So watch out if you're in downtown manhattan cause Molly Mindcandy and I are taking over again.
It's going to look like this.
and now I leave you with one of my favorite photographs by
Henri Cartier Bresson
and if I'm in any luck, it'll still be at the MOMA upon my return


until next time
(which will be much sooner than the last time)

xx
CMS

oh and ps if you haven't gone and gotten a copy of this
it's some kind of perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment